Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - trouble w/ Palm Desktop using custom icons...

trouble w/ Palm Desktop using custom icons...

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby kirkjerk on Wed May 30, 2007 1:24 pm

(crossposted from a different topic)

So just to see something happening, I grabbed the large1.bmp from PocketC distribution, and then used @licon1 (and even 2 through 16) to try and load it. I know it's *sort of* aware of it, because if I get the filename wrong it complains So just to see something happening, I grabbed the large1.bmp from PocketC distribution, and then used @licon1 (and even 2 through 16) to try and load it. I know it's *sort of* aware of it, because if I get the filename wrong it complains that it can't find, but on both the Palm Simulator and my handheld, the result isn't the Orbworks mountain but that same default "pen over blue circle" icon... what gives?

also, is @licon1 and @sicon1 the only ones I have to specify, and higher-color devices will default to it?

Thanks!
kirkjerk

Postby Percival on Wed May 30, 2007 4:51 pm

Have you tried it on a Palm Emulator (with PalmOS 4 of lower)?
My guess is that you also need to specify a high-density icon using e.g. @licon8h and @sicon8h.
Percival

Postby kirkjerk on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:49 pm

I've only tried it on the default ROM of the Palm Simulator, might be kind of recent.

I did specify the higher-density images... but I just passed them in the low density bmps. could that be a problem?
kirkjerk

Postby Percival on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:31 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kirkjerk</i>
I did specify the higher-density images... but I just passed them in the low density bmps. could that be a problem?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Weird, I just tried that and it won't even compile.

I downloaded the PDE demo to try this out:
Code: Select all
// Hello, World

@cid "MyAp";
@name "My App";
@dbname "MyApp";
@ver "1.0";
@licon1 "large1.bmp";
@sicon1 "small1.bmp";

main() {
   alert("Hello, World");
}

And the icon shows up just fine (with the mountain icon).
Percival

Postby kirkjerk on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:21 pm

Ok, looks like the problem was not having an small icon.

That's one thing where the desktop stumbles a little, useful error messages for some of those preprocessor things...
kirkjerk

Return to General Discussion