Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Help with creating and inventory system

Help with creating and inventory system

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Help with creating and inventory system

Postby enayla on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 am

Hi, Im new to this forum and also new to using PocketC. I have to create an inventory program using PocketC that would allow the user to input data. The program is to allow a user to input information on the current stock they have in their inventory (i.e. item name : shirt, quantity : 150, last store shipped to : walmart, date of last shipment : 4/4/2008) and the items would be able to be categorized by type. Such as a drop-down menu containing sections such as "Clothing", "Furniture" etc and the 'shirt' example given above would be placed under "Clothing".

I did a similar one on Java which Im way better at, but with PocketC Im totally lost with no one to guide.Im terribly lost and do not know where to start, I hope someone can give me pointers on what I need to do, I purchased the "Palm Programming for absolute beginners", its a good book which teaches me the basics on using the PocketC but I have no idea on where to start to create the inventory program. I hope someone can give me some pointers on what I have to do and what is required to do such a program, as I have less than 2 weeks to hand it in.

Thanks in advance.

Enayla
enayla

Re: Help with creating and inventory system

Postby omnifico on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Enayla,

Perhaps PockectC is not the right choice of development tool for your inventory application. Try HanDBase or SmartList for quick and easy database application development.

(This reply is probably too late, but hopefully useful for future projects).

Jonathan
omnifico

Return to PocketC for Palm OS