Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - General purpose line Graph Gadget

General purpose line Graph Gadget

Discuss and publish sample code and applications written in OrbC (OrbForms Designer or PocketC Architect)

Postby johncraw on Mon May 24, 2004 5:55 pm

I was looking for some code to produce graphs in Designer. Since
I did not find anything I created one.
I have tried to make it general purpose, since my application
requires different graphs, with differing series, ranges etc.
I offer it here to anyone else that might require this functionality.

The following box describes the code, as well as how to obtain
it. One note: This has not been tried on a Real device, however
it functions in the Palm and Sony emulators.

/****************************************************************
* GraphGadget
* Author: John Crawford
* email: crawford@neptune.on.ca
* Release history:
* Version Date Changes
* 1.0.0 05/20/2004 - Initial release
* Description:
* This is a general purpose graph gadget for Orbforms
* Designer. All of the drawing functions are contained within
* this file, as well as translation of values into graph
* locations.
* Highlights:
* - Can display up to 6 series.
* - Each series can contain up to 12 points
* - Each series can have a different marker
* - There is a large selection of colours. The colours will map
* to 1,2,4, and 8 bit codes. Note: The graph background
* colour that I use is white. Any colour, other than white,
* that would map to white will be changed to the next valid
* value.
* - The graph can display a title, x and y axis labels, and a
* legend. These may be turned off and on as required.
* - The legend names will be in the same colour as the series
* they represent.
* - By selecting a point on a series the value for that point
* will be displayed in the upper left corner of the graph,
* beside the title. (the title must be enabled for this to
* work)
* - If there are multiple series on a graph, you may select
* the legend name for that series, and all other series will
* disappear. This can be useful in a graph with a lot of
* series that you want to view the points for one of them.
* Selecting a point below or above the legend will redisplay
* all series.
* - The values displayed will be in the range between the
* minimum and maximum values in the series.
* - Multiple graph are supported
* - A graph can be repositioned, and/or resized. Note: No
* checking is done to ensure that the graph is within the
* screen area. This may cause a distorted view, or an error.
* - The gadget control does not have a visible property that
* can be read, only written. I have added one which is
* set when the gadget visibility is set.
* Using:
* The demo application, which is distributed with this code,
* should give enough information to get you started
* Getting the code:
* I do not have a website, or ftp site. Send an email to me
* and I will send you a zipped version of the GraphG application.
* This is the demo as well as the GraphGadget code
* Note: Please use the following subject for the email:
* "GraphGadget code request"
* This will help me sort the real from the Spam
* Changes and fixes:
* The gadget as is satisfies my requirement, which is the most
* important thing to me. If someone finds a problem, or has a
* change suggestion I will see about adding/fixing, and
* distribution of new versions, when I can.
* Disclaimer:
* This code is supplied as is, with no stated, or implied
* warranty. You may use, and distribute this code freely as
* you see fit. If you do distribute this to others please leave
* this section unchanged.
* You are responsible for making sure that the code functions
* as you require.
johncraw

Postby johncraw on Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:02 pm

Someone made a request for the package today. However I accidentaly (stupidly) deleted the message before I sent it. Would the person please resend the request.
Thanks, and sorry
John Crawford
johncraw

Postby johncraw on Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:47 pm

I have updated the graph gadget for Version 3 of designer. There was only one change:
in the GRAPHGAD.OC file change:

object Graph

to

struct Graph

everything else remains the same.

John
johncraw

Return to OrbC User Samples