Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PocketC Arm Editon?

PocketC Arm Editon?

Postby exit_head on Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Have you ever considered make a "full" arm version of pocketC ?
i think that would be great :D I cant speak for other members but i would be totally willing to buy that. if it included a desktop compiler and Palm interpriter and some updated functions( like being able to load an image and draw it but not release it so it could be drawn again much faster) id be willing to pay $80 (like orbforms). i think there is a serious market for something like that. As always i must say you make a great product!

Nate Edwards "exit_head"
exit_head

Postby dewey on Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:48 am

This is under serious consideration, but not in the next release.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby exit_head on Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:57 am

:D (crosses fingers)
exit_head

Postby Atomo64 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:14 pm

the only thing(why I'm not going to use PocketC anymore to develop and instead I'm going to use C++) is the speed and the limited resources, you can't do many things like have many databases open, you can't write prc files, some functions locks when you use them, you can't personalize the GUI as you would like, you can't remove for example the done, clear and the menu in the graph_off() mode, many things, you've to use external libs to do many things, even for getting the battery information!. Maybe is a good way to start, but you can't do more, I think in about one month I'm going to release the graficos.c GUI library, is a totally lib written in PocketC allowing to manage checkboxes, data entry, objects, buttons and other things, note that the menus support wouldn't be added, other many important things won't be added, why?, because only I'm going to add the functions I need to compile some apps I'm writting, about one year ago I was thinking on how to develop a 3d system for PocketC, I made a test, it was good, but it required a lot of seconds to process the movements, to redraw the simple box... AND THAT YOU CAN DO WITH C++ IN LESS THAN ONE SECOND! so, if you want to know more please check my website, in some days I'm goingo to add some mailing lists, so you can know when the graficos.c lib is going to be released.

http://www.atomo64.tk the best site
Help the cancer research in 2 minutes [url]http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=9C178A94-AD48-45F9-B6C9-4C84EA8ED078[url]
Atomo64

Return to PocketC for Palm OS Suggestions