Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - It doesn't work... Problem fixed!

It doesn't work... Problem fixed!

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby IkilledKenny on Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:23 am

This problem has been fixed for me... here is the solution. TY Mr. Jeremy Dewey (dewey@orbworks.com) for solving this problem for me.

while (true) {
if (b=="\n") {
break;
}
}

Oh and BTW I looked at my old version of my program... it would seem the my earlier math was wrong and that I have had PocketC for closer to 6 years... I wasn't adding the time that I had it unregistered! So I've had a Palm OS device for nearly 6 years too... man I feel old!

And one other thing... Mr. Jeremy Dewey you are as I promised intitled to a free version of my softwear. I'll contact you about this as soon as I make the inital release. :) I really approve of the service and the quick reply to the email I sent you! :):)
Visit my site for Palm OS game cheats at:
http://www.palmcheaterguy.4t.com: A place for all your Palm OS Games Cheat Codes... And if you don't find the game you want to cheat on... simply send in the request from the form right on the site!!

"If you see kenny today, tell him I'm sorry for killin him yesterday."
--Cartman
IkilledKenny

Postby Mikael on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:23 am

Perhaps it's just me, but I don't ever remember seeing getc() in Pocket C - desktop version or otherwise. Are you sure you're not trying to use an ANSI C function in your Pocket C program. I looked up the basic input/output for Pocket C and came up with:

<b>puts</b>(string text) - append a string to the output form. Does not add a newline. (To add a newline, add a "\n" to the end of your string).
<b>gets</b>(string prompt) - presents an input dialog with the given string as a prompt. Returns a string if the user pressed OK, or an empty string if the user presses Cancel. The dialog can contain 2 lines of text, use the '\r' character to wrap to the second line.
<b>getsd</b>(string prompt, string defaultValue) - presents an input dialog with the given string as a prompt and a default value in the input field. Returns a string if the user pressed OK, or an empty string if the user presses Cancel. The dialog can contain 2 lines of text, use the '\r' character to wrap to the second line.
<b>getsi</b>(int x, int y, int w, string defaultValue) - presents an input dialog at the x, y coordinates specified, with the given string as a default value. The input dialog will have an edit field of width w (though the dialog will be larger). A string is returned when the user presses OK (there is no cancel option).
<b>getsm</b>(int x, int y, int w, int lines, string defaultValue) - exactly like getsi(), but the edit field created is lines lines tall.
alert(string msg) - pops up an alert dialog with the given text.
<b>confirm</b>(string msg) - pops up an alert dialog with the given text and Yes/No buttons. Returns 1 for Yes, 0 for No.
<b>clear</b>() - clears the output form.

Still, I could be wrong. Anyway, you could try using the <b>gets</b>() function, which may give you better luck as in the following snippet:

//GetString
@cid "GETS";
@ver "1.0";
@dbname "GetString";
@name "GetString";
main(){
string userAns;
int i;
for(i = 0; i<3; i++){
userAns = gets("Please enter something...");
if(userAns == ""){
alert("You didn't enter anything. Bye!");
break;
}
alert("You entered " +userAns);
}
exit();
}

Good luck!

Mikael
Mikael

Postby Mikael on Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:46 pm

OK, now I'm with you. I can see where it is in the list of event functions. Sorry.:?

With regard to your question:

How long have you been using PocketC? (<--I don't mean that to sound rude lol. I really wanna know.)

About a year and a half is the answer. It's like this. Just because English may happen to be my mother tongue, doesn't mean that I know every single word or every single grammatical rule. Do you:?:
The <b>getc</b>() function is not something I would normally have any use for, hence my oversight. I mainly use Pocket C to access the features of PToolbox, so I don't know all the functions it offers inside out. I have no problem in admitting when I'm wrong; after all, wasn't it Einstein who said something like 'People who never make mistakes, never learn anything new.[:0]

The last time I looked, this was a Development Discussion forum and not a college entrance exam.

Good luck again and best wishes.;)

Mikael
Mikael

Postby Mikael on Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:05 pm

//GetChar
@cid "GETC";
@ver "1.0";
@dbname "GetChar";
@name "GetChar";
main(){

char userAns;
int i;